WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Getting Started with "Pooky" Decor

We use the word "pooky" because when Sydni was little, she would often tell people that we lived in a "pooky" house....she had trouble getting the "S" onto spooky.
OK, I like Halloween....and that shouldn't be a surprise to you since I like to scare the bejeebies out of my children...or friends' children...or husband...or dog...or anything that I think will jump. I'm sick, I know.
So, when you see my latest Halloween decor, it shouldn't surprise you.
I took regular cheap frames that I've had FOREVER...(do you say just like the kid in The Sandlot?)....FORRRRREVER!
I spray painted them WHITE.
Laid a piece of lace over them and
spray painted BLACK.
I think one of the frames has the colors reversed.
I used some scrapbook paper to make the mat.
I googled and stole....er, uh...borrowed the images.


I will hang them w/ my Halloween decorations...if I ever
get up to the "pooky" attic and get the decorations.
OK, just to let you know....the scaring bit is like a legacy in our family.
My grandfather got the biggest kick out of scaring us...
I was once so scared by him that all I could do was make a
primal sound....couldn't even cry or scream.
My Papa lives on.....because I now catch my children scaring each other
or some that shall remain NAMELESS...cough, sydni cough....
get a thrill out of tormenting the little Cooper boy she
babysits!!! Yes, this is the same daughter that SWORE she would
NEVER NEVER NEVER scare her kids.....tsk, tsk.
Are you sick like me or do you just do the fall decorations?


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Halloween and all things "pooky" as well. Unfortunately, I'm not very creative when it comes to decorating so most of my stuff comes from Wal-Mart. Maybe I'll start feeling froggy and copy some of your great ideas!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so those would creep me and the boys out! They have been sleeping in our room because of the rain, wind and thunder....mind you not even a tornado excuse. Creepy pictures in the house, I would never get them out of my bedroom! :)

Summer Rains said...

And Cooper think it's hilarious! He even tries to jump out and scare me, except he's too loud to be sneaky (:

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails