WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Are You SICK of Simplicity 2591 Yet??

Link

I'm NOT!!!

I had to get online and look at what others have done with this pattern....I am still in love with this dress.

You should be able to click on any of these pictures and be taken to the sites I found them....

This lady is just amazing....I love following her blog...she is making A DRESS A WEEK!! Right after I made mine, she posted about her Simplicity 2591....I was thrilled to say the least. I just love the fabric. My problem is....white and me do NOT get along very well.... :(

This sweet lady blogged about how many mistakes are in this dress...and is very thankful the pattern disguises it. I think it looks divine on her.


I like the ticking on this fabric....what about that viking hat??
I could see my daughter wearing this complete outfit.

Yep, totally adore the hula girl fabric....SU-WEET!



Yep, liking the stripes as well....very Coney Island, don't you think?





This ticking has tiny red crabs all over it....seersucker fabric. Make sure you look at her shoes!





Yet another version....it just amazes how the fabric makes all the difference in the look of this dress.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Every one is a winner. What a lovely collection of dresses and fabrics. I feel inspired to make another one. Thanks for sharing those.

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Cute! Each dress looks fab,but I am especially fond of the hula girl one!
Loving the cherry shoes!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Hi Traci,

What a charming post, I live in lightweight, vintage (and vintage inspired) summer dresses like this annually from May/June to September and would love to try my hand at this pattern too sometime (just need to get a sewing machine first! ;D).

I come bearing some delightful news today...your comment (#55) was selected as the lucky winner of the CollectibleSpectacle $75.00 GC giveaway over at Chronically Vintage. Please feel free to
email
me anytime you’d like with your first and last name, mailing address, and email address.

Thank you so much for being a part of this fun contest, and huge congrats on winning!


Hugs & blessings,
Jessica

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails