WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Why I Took Off the TOP COMMENTER WIDGET

Some of you may have noticed that I took off the widget that proudly displayed the names of my top commenters.
I did NOT do it because I thought I wasn't getting enough comments.
I did NOT do it because I was afraid some weirdo might stalk my friends.
I simply did it because it cannot count!!!
I have suspected it had some sort of learning disability with numbers for quite some time.
For some reason, it doesn't know how to go higher than the number 34!
Then it would play mind games like REVERSING numbers.....or slipping backward a few numbers.
Plus, it couldn't even recognize a 10!
So, good by non-working widget.....I'll replace you with a bigger and better widget.

3 comments:

jennykate77 said...

I hate it when widgets quit working! My counter on my page quit working and then when it came back on my page last Sunday, it had started all over! ARGH!

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Farmchick said...

well that is weird....sometimes these computers and all the gizmos make me CRAZY!!!(crazier then I already am that it!) have a blessed weekend!

Chasity said...

I had noticed it kept listing me at 17- no matter how many comments I'd left for you, but I figured it was all in good fun anyway. And then, just when I planned to comment about it not counting me at all, it started playing mind games with me and began counting. Go figure.

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails