WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

VINTAGE THINGIES THURSDAY


I am starting a wall collage of vintage pictures....I've got a small start

Both pictures were only $1.00 EACH.


Vintage embroidered pillowcases...$2.00 EACH.

These will go super witht he pink afghan I got at a thrift store.



I can't wait to see these on my bed....IF I can keep the little

Daisy Doodle Rat Terrier off the things....arrrgggh.


Make sure you head on over to COLORADO LADY to see more of this
great carnival of vintage goodness.



14 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

Love the pillow cases - so pretty! I can imagine them hanging on a clothesline to dry after going through the wash....Fresh as a daisy!

Jan Ely said...

So pretty! I love your style!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Happy VTT.. sweet pillowcases.. and I love vintage pictures especially in floral theme.. thanks for sharing

gin said...

very pretty.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

T~
What fabulous finds! I'm loving the bird print (my family calls me Birdie, lol) and those pillow cases are so pretty! You know I love me some vintage pillow cases :0)
Oh, thanks for your comment on my pantry doors. Unfortunately I can't get a better picture because the space is so tight. The washer and dryer are across from the pantry so maybe I could stand or sit on the machines and try to take a pic...lol!

Carolyn said...

Wow, you got some great deals. I'm always attracted to the vintage pictures, but never know quite what to do with them. I'll be interested to see how you decide to display yours.

Coloradolady said...

Love your pictures, I clicked over and looked at that wall, so very pretty. nice pillow case too, but I have two little dachshunds who can not grasp the concept of staying off the bed...um..their bed....so I have to keep my treasures off the bed!

Miri said...

Love the bird picture...reminds of vintage embroideries I've seen. Great pillowcases!

Roslyn said...

Vintage linens are the best, I use mine that came from Grandma & my Mum.I think the makers would be thrilled to know they are used & loved, don't you?
Roslyn

bj said...

I love vintage linens..your pillow cases are really pretty.

Anonymous said...

oooo, I love those sweet pillowcases. I collect vintage linens as well..and just love them all. Happy VTT..have a lovely weekend.

Susan said...

Alrighty, just bring those pillowcases right over and I'll add them to my collection. I used mine for many years but now they are getting too worn. BTW, I posted mine today.

Bea said...

Love the prints. I'm always looking for vintage floral prints. And those pillowcases are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

i love vintage linens & your pillow cases are adorable :)

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails