WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Bass Pro Set the Scene for this Engagement Session

It was a normal day like any other around my house.
I was going about my business...eating a
burger from Braum's Dairy Store.
I happened to walk by my phone and saw the little
"message" light blinking.
My long time friend, Renee, sent an urgent message.
"Are you available to take pictures TONIGHT?"
Did I mention it was already 6:30 pm and they
live at least 45 minutes away?
It seems, Chris, the guy in the pictures was
drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks.
They never realized he would have to leave
in approximately 12 hours!
They thought they would have at least a week
to get some engagement pictures done...but NOOooOoOo.

I was very worried....the sun was setting....would I be
able to do this young couple justice?

Ashleigh and Chris are outdoorish type people.
The first thing that popped into my mind....
BASS PRO!
Yep!  Every one of these pictures were taken at BASS PRO!

In just about an hour, we had almost 300 pictures snapped.
I felt like we didn't have time to even get to know
each other....well, I knew Ashleigh...not Chris.

I was still fretting about the sun...MOVE. MOVE. MOVE.
We must get them done before the sun goes down!!!

Then I caught this wonderful shot!
Yes!  That my friends is what I have
been waiting a very long time to achieve...
that sweet, sweet moment where the
sun becomes my little friend!!!

I think I "squeed" a little when I saw it.
I am sure professionals have no problem
getting shots at evening time, me however
was in sheer panic.

I ended up feeling more confident about sunset pictures.
I do prefer that they be PLANNED....much less
stress on me and my props.
Chris and Ashleigh were picture taking pros and really
helped my do my job.
Oh...did you notice he looks suspiciously like
JIM CARREY?
Believe me when I say I was tempted to
write BLUE all over his face
as in LIAR LIAR.....hee hee.

4 comments:

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Wonderful pics girl! I adore the sunset one. Oh my, you should definitely be smiling proud on that one, for sure! =]

Julie said...

The pictures are great but the sunset pic is definitely my favorite.

Saska said...

You did good! Love them all.

The Gaelic Wife said...

Fabulous! The sunset shot is perfect.

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails