WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Welcome to Regan's Room.....

While Regan was away at a church lock-in, mom decided to "surprise" her with a room clean-up. Yeah, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
This room REALLY is this big.....it is not your imagination.
When we built this house, I wanted her room to be large because it will eventually be a den or large office.
The colors are prairie grass green....and.....and....I can't remember the yellow....it is NOT as bright of a yellow as it looks in these pictures.

This is looking into her room from the door...the white trim around the door frame is making the picture look weird.
The desk is a new addition....it used to be my grandparents' bill paying desk.

This is the view from the desk area. You can see into the livingroom and all the way to the kitchen....see my fridge?
Notice the old door? Those are from our old house...five generations have touched that door in the Baker family!!! We have 4 of them in this house.


This is the view from the beds....this shelf is new also. Those are leftover boards from building the house. We just added the $1.50 cement blocks from Lowe's and made them into shelves. This daughter is a collector.....if you search hard enough, you will find an alligator head, the skull of a gar, rabbit...and bones of something else....I was afraid to touch it.



This is standing to the side of one of the beds....we are still nail shy.....by this I mean we still haven't hung much up in the house. The many hours we put into painting those walls sure make it hard to put a hole in them.


.....and when dearest Regan gets back from her Lock-In, she gets to work on THIS THING!!!!
I was actually afraid I might find a snake or something in there......


3 comments:

Just Wedeminute said...

Wow she really does have a large room! It looks great so head on over to our house and help me out with my kids rooms! LOL!!

The Vintage Kitten said...

What a fab room. As the youngest of two sisters I always got the smallest bedroom. Its lovely you have doors from four generations. One of my previous houses had markings on a wall where they had charted their childrens height, it was really cute X

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Wow that room is huge! There's an orb in that first pic! Must be the cleaning fairy!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails