WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

52 NEW Recipes in 2011 (#6)

GREEK CHICKEN & PITA CASSEROLE

I know I am behind on posting recipes.  It doesn't mean that
I haven't cooked any new recipes.
It means that my family is in a busy time of the year
heading to all the stock shows.

 This recipe appealed to me for some reason.
For one, I don't think I've ever had Greek seasoning.
Of course in our small town, finding a seasoning with
GREEK written on it was a NO GO.
Another thing it had was zucchini.
We all like zucchini.
Of course, I couldn't find zucchini...so squash is the next best thing right?

The ingredient I was hesitant about was FETA CHEESE.
I do not care for FETA CHEESE, but decided I would at
least give it a try.
After all, I had just had some on some bruschetta and actually liked it.

When it comes time to cut the Pita Bread, us a pizza cutter....
of course I figured this out AFTER I cut it with a serrated knife...saw, saw, saw.
OK, back to the seasoning.....I couldn't find GREEK SEASONING.
So, I did the next best thing and called my MOMMY.
She wasn't sure, so we did the next best thing behind a mom's experience....
she googled it.
According to the ingredients, the MEDITERRANEAN SEASONING was
really close to the GREEK SEASONING.

It didn't look much different AFTER it cooked.
To me, it smelled good.

Here it is in all it's glory.
Ready for the real test.
Did it pass the manly man test or not?


THUMBS DOWN!
He even said, 2 thumbs down.
Of course he is holding the plate with the other thumb and couldn't point it down.
When I asked if he liked it.....he said, "I like the peas and carrots."
This recipe was a thumbs down by all 3 of us.
I can't pinpoint if it was using a different seasoning and squash or the feta
We did like the toasted pita so all was not lost.
So, please make sure YOU try it and let me know what YOU think.
The dogs liked it......

3 comments:

byn always said...

Lol. Glad I'm not the only one that occasionally gets the thumbs down!

byn always said...

Lol. Glad I'm not the only one that occasionally gets the thumbs down!

Saska said...

Don't think I'll even try this one. My dog doesn't turn down anything, but he doesn't need something this elaborate!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails