WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Friday, April 16, 2010

What Do You Do When You See a GIANT Wurlitzer on the Side of the Road?

You stop and try to play some MUSIC!!
This is Angel's Diner in McAlester, OK.
It is right on Highway 69, just south of town.

We've passed this place numerous times and I FINALLY
talked the old man into stopping.....starving him all day might have sealed the deal.
Why am I making this face in the below picture?
Because 2 minutes before, I tried to move the statue and take a picture with my good friend Marilyn.....and just the thought made Elvis LOSE his head!
I mean the head was broken and someone discretely put it back on the stand....until I TRIED TO MOVE IT....
STUPID PROTECTIVE ELVIS KEPT ME FROM A GOOD PICTURE WITH MARILYN.
Oh, and the waitress said they didn't know it was broken either....glad they didn't blame me!
Even the napkin dispensers were retro....


Elvis sang to my mother......
She lost control and had to KISS HIM!



The menu even had the jukebox on it....
Look at the neat menu items....
FRIED EGG SANDWICH....oh yes, and FRIED Green Tomatoes....
Yah, so the kids weren't as thrilled for some reason....
They just wanted FOOD!!!
I hear the motel that sets behind this restaurant is styled in the same manner....Elvis rooms, etc.....hmmm....how do I get my LOVE OF MY LIFE to take me to there?




2 comments:

Saska said...

The Pepto-pink walls are hilarious! So, how was the food?

Lynn said...

This would definately be something to do and see!! I'm an Elvis fan and love hearing all the songs from the 50's and 60's... you know, Rock N Roll!! I might just have to have my hubby and I go and check this place out!! We are near Norman...

Blessings,
~Lynn

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails