WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Hardest Day of My Life So Far

January 2, 2009
We took our oldest daughter, Carly, and her husband, Dustin, to the airport.


That is almost 4:00 AM!!! I actually didn't sleep at all and I was up and moving at 3:00 a.m.

I can't believe we are letting her go........


I know she is happy........

Look are her all grown up....checking in her own luggage......
I'd swear it was just yesterday that I was changing her diapers.
Not once did she turn around to ask me to help her get the stuff checked in......
Wasn't it just yesterday that she was asking me to tie her shoes?

I would like to thank all the terrorist for making it where I couldn't see my baby get on her flight and wave goodbye as the plane departs......
This is as close as we get.

I was supposed to be taking a picture with her here....
I just couldn't let her go long enough and stop the crying to let hubby get the picture.
I was getting that last smell of her.....wanting to keep it forever.
Wasn't it just yesterday that I was hugging her because she scraped her knee?


One last look.....
I LOVE YOU BABY!!!
That man of yours had better take care of you....
I don't want to have to pull out my can of mommywhoopass....


May the Lord guide you and bless you on this new journey in your life....
I will still always be available kiss your boo boos and wipe away your tears....
JUST CALL!!!
Yep, so far that is the hardest thing as a mother I've had to do.....
I'm sure it won't be the last....I just know it ranks at the top of the makes my stomach sick, going to puke want to crawl in bed and close my eyes scale.
They arrived safely on their journey and are beginning a new chapter in their lives as husband and wife.
Carly, if you are reading this.....GO GET A NEW CAMERA TODAY and START SENDING PICTURES! Make sure he calls his mom also.....she loves him!!!

EDITED TO ADD: WE DID HAVE TO WHIP OUT OUR CAN OF WHOOPBUTT!! Hard lessons were learned in this ordeal and the divorce was final November 16, 2009. We continue to pray for him. Thank you for your continued prayers for Carly as well.



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Traci! I feel for you sooo much! Carly is such a sweet "lady"(Still seems like a little girl to me, but I am old.). Raven will miss her too. I cannot believe all that can happen in a year!!!

Love you Traci,
Stacey

Anonymous said...

Traci - I LOVE he picture where Dustion is holding back the tears. What a wonderful picture of what one feels, the other does as well! I bet it is as hard for them to leave as it is for you to let them. Know I'm prayin' for ya!

Misty

OkieDebbie said...

Man! WHo has the kleenex-pass it my way! Im bawling! I think I will grab hold of Katy today for awhile-she will think Im nuts but oh well...

Anonymous said...

{{{Traci}}} It is so hard to let them grow up. I second the camera command!! Pictures are a must. And free long distance. And frequent flyer miles. {{Hugs}}

Acutescrubnurse said...

Crying here too...first time on your site, and I have to cry!! I put my 15 yr old on an airplane in June, cried when he left and he actually was only gone for 6 days, and cried when he got off the plane!! Can't imagine what you went through.
Hope your day gets better.
Rita

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Gah!My eyes were welling up just reading that post as well.
I can't even imagine the heartache,being so proud,so happy and so sad all at the same time.
My 11 left for "Camp Keep" a few momnths ago for 5 days and she was only 2 hrs away...I cried like I was dying.Seems so silly compared to you.

Chasity said...

My eyes seem to be leaking as well. What a beautiful thing, though, that your daughter is a happy, well adjusted, responsible adult. What a blessing that you were able to give her the tools she needed to enter the next chapter in her life with courage and such a beautiful bond with her mother.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go lock both my boys in their rooms for the next 18-30 years. And grab a tissue.

Farmchick said...

Okay...I must go blow my nose and wipe my eyes. I cannot imagine how hard that it....I don't want to have to through with that...but I guess I will soon enough.
HUGS~~~~
Tania

Susan Holt Simpson said...

Hi! I've enjoyed seeing the shower photos, the wedding photos and reading about your wonderful life! My boys are all still at home - can't imagine watching them leave!!! I'm shedding a tear for you! Especially precious is the photo of you hugging your daughter - it looks like her husband is all choked up!

God Bless You All!

s

Julie said...

Traci I can't believe you made me cry reading this post. I think part of me cries for Carly also because I can't imagine being that far from my parents and sister. I know it will be hard for her in the beginning but it will get easier. I wish Carly the very best.

Julie

the voice of melody said...

My heart aches for you. Aren't we all like mama bears, wanting our "cubs" close by so we can protect them and love on them!

I've enjoyed looking at the wedding pictures. Your daughter was so pretty in her beautiful dress and her new hubby looked quite handsome too. What a blessing it is that you've gained a son through her marriage. Wishing them much love and happiness. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU MOMMY!!!! Hawaii is great and I did get a camera but I'm gonna get a bunch of pics on it first then show you!! Talk to you later!!! LOVE YA BUNCHES!!

Kim said...

Will you come and wipe my tears? That was to hard!!!
Kim

jennykate77 said...

OMGosh! There should have been some sort of warning before reading! I'm like a blubbering idiot sitting at my desk. I can't imagine. I mean, I'm just the mom to one little boy (who I know will someday grow up and leave me), but I don't think that compares to watching your little girl (she still seems little to me too) leave on a plane with her NEW husband! I'm feeling for you. Hoping the best for Carly and Dustin! Hugs!

jenny

p.s. You are going to get a vacay to Hawaii out of this deal, right?

Liisa said...

My son is appraoching his 18th birthday in 24 days - he is counting them down for me like I need a reminder! So I can only imagine what you are going through. I can't imagine life without him here....~sniff~

Hugs to you!

Blessings,
Liisa

SaChay said...

Hey Traci! I was just wanting to check on you and see if your alright? How are you coping with your oldest not at home? I left you two awards over at my blog!

Love you! I hope your doing good!

SaChay

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you felt!! That is how I felt when we took Levi to Houston. He was only 8 hrs. away but it seemed like he was across the ocean. It will get better! Carly is a very smart young lady and has no problems meeting people so I am very confident that she will do great in Hawaii!! Good Luck to you all and I love you!!

Your sis,
Julie

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

(((Traci)))
It's hard to see our babies fly from our nest and spread their wings to fly. Know you did your job and did it well....she's supposed to want to fly!
Hugs to you and know we're all here to lend a shoulder, an ear or a virtual hug!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails