WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Simple House......


Thanks to my Father-In-Law, I am able to give you the view of my house with the recent rain,sleet, ice.....

Yes, they get to stare at our house....I call him my "other" watchdog. Actually meaner than a real dog, he can use a GUN!!! :)

I know, my house is plain.....I LIKE it that way....was much cheaper to build and I used the extra money for the pretties on the inside.


If you look really close, you'll see that there is smoke from the woodburning stove...yep, started that puppy at 4:00 AM!

Also, you will also note that there is NO PILLOW on the rocking chair....THE DOG FINALLY WON.

Oh, and on a side note.....it was not poor Bubba that was stealing the pillow....may he rest in peace....he was hit by a car and we didn't find him until it was too late. After he was gone, my pillow KEPT DISAPPEARING.....so, I figured it was either his ghost or another culprit.

It was another culprit.....his name is RASCAL

If you want to know who Bubba was.... CLICK HERE.


Poor Bubba, just climbed in the chair and used the pillow....he didn't take it and run with it like I thought......feeling sooooo guilty.....

This is RASCAL....he looks small, but is really a small HORSE!!! He does NOT fit on the stupid pillow...sheesh.....see, he is ON THE PILLOW!!! He started out small....just moving the pillow off the chair....then around the house....then out in the field....now, almost to my in-laws house....SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THIS MADNESS!!!



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Traci! Thanks for stopping by and commenting. =) I'm not really that talented, but I am good at sticking with something 'til I get good at it. ;) Brr...it looks cold there! I'm guessing this is from the storm sweeping the country? We only got the tail end - some cold rain and temps in the 50s, which is nice because yesterday we were wearing t-shirts! A good opportunity to thaw out, but just wrong in January. ;) Hope you are staying warm! =)

Coloradolady said...

That is so cute...pillow thief! Sometimes we have the same going on around here, one dog will do something and let the other get blamed for it. Cute post...

50s Housewife said...

Your house look very pretty!

That little pillow thief sure is cute! :)

Farmchick said...

I think your house is cute...it just needs more snow around it!! lol
Sorry to hear about Bubba....it's hard to lose a pet or any animal!!

jennykate77 said...

Your house looks a bit like my house! ☺ Too funny about Rascal and the pillow...sounds like his name fits hime! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for all this ice to make it's way OUT! It's beautiful to look at, but driving to work has been YUCK! Hope you guys are staying warm!

Saska said...

I like your simple house. Mine is very similiar except it has one pointy in the middle.

I did refuse to get a fireplace in my new one tho....I got tired of the mess. We have a gas line going into the livingroom and one of these days...I'll get a gas log, but not in a big hurry for it!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails