WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Monday, August 1, 2011

24 Years Ago Today.......

I was 19.
I was young and in love.
I didn't know what love really was.
I married my high school sweetheart.
I am pretty sure people didn't expect us to last this long.
I remember on my honeymoon, having
a mini-panic attack.
I was repeating to myself....I can just get
a divorce if it doesn't work out.
I made myself sick...literally.
I was sick for our entire honeymoon.
I survived.
We managed to graduate college.
We managed to raise three beautiful girls.
We managed to go against the cultural norm
of divorce.
We've managed to stay married.
I almost feel sorry for those who haven't experienced
a lengthy marriage.
I know I can honestly say, I am truly, madly
deeply in love with my "Carl".
No, our interests aren't the same....he has his
hobbies and I have mine.  We appreciate that
about each other.
It works for us.
We've grown up together....we've been with
each other longer than we were with
our own parents.
We are ready for next year...the big 25!
We are going to just hit the road and check
out some diners, dives and drives!!!
SQUEAL!!!!!
I love you Carl!!!  I really really do!!!
I would say I DO all over again!!!

3 comments:

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Congrats Traci!!
We just celebrated our 20th on April 1st. The way you described marriage and how you feel after all these years is EXACTLY how I feel too. I told him I would never divorce him. Kill him maybe, but not divorce...lol. We were told by his mom that we should break up(when we were dating) because she knew it wasn't going to last anyways.

Farmchick said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! :) Hey, I am just teensy tiny bit older than you....NO FAIR! ;) Come on over an say hi...

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Aw, how sweet!! Congratulations on your many years together! That sounds like an awesome road trip, my hubby and I like that kind of thing too.

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails