WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Vintage Hairstyles

I have always had a passion for all things vintage.
I remember in high school, wishing I could wear poodle skirts
and saddle oxfords.
I was afraid of what people would say....
I tried to raise my children in a WEIRD way...
go against the norm.
"See yourself through God's eyes, not the world."

I love my girls and love their desire to please God.
I love that they accept my vintage style and also
find some things they try themselves.
I regret that I didn't step out from the norm when I was
younger.....I am so glad my girls do not have this fear.
Seeing how cute their hair is...makes me want to grow
mine out.....NAH!  I just like the short better....plus, I
get headaches too easily with long hair.

1 comment:

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Traci, I know what you are saying!
I was always the same way,I was concerned about what people thought at school. When I was at home or with my bestfriend I would wear anything and didn't care. I raised my kids to march to thier own drum and boy do they. I often offer to buy them stuff that is instyle, but they refuse. I love them for that!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails