WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Camera Strap for My Nikon D90

I found this cute little tutorial on Pinterest.
(CLICK HERE) for the tutorial.
It was really easy, I made it in a little under an hour.
I did it in the usual FLYLADY WAY:  15 minutes sewing, 15 minutes cleaning.

Here are some hints I would use the next time I make one.

1.  Make a pattern first.  I do NOT sew, so I do not have the fancy cutting boards, etc.  Plus, it will make the next strap so much easier.
2.  Use FUSIBLE batting.  I did not.  Mine rolled a little.  I might even sew top stitching the length of the strap to give it that quilted look.
3.  The pocket was too small for my lens.  :(  I guess I would have to measure my lens to make sure I made the strap a little wider for the lens pocket.
4.  Use contrasting fabric for the pocket.  I did NOT do this and think it
would look so much cuter.
5.  Use "attaching a camera strap the Nikon way" video on YouTube so you
don't have little strap flaps.  It really makes me look like I know what I am doing.

Thank you Little Big Girl Studio for the great tutorial!!!!
Total Project Cost = $2.00

2 comments:

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Very cute and love the cost!

Do you have a Pinterest? I am addicted to that crazy thing!! I pinned last night till I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer then this morning when my alarm went off, I was in the middle of pinning something neat in my sleep! Pinterest addict? I do believe so, haha!

M u s s said...

Thanks so much for sharing your tips!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails