WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Friday, June 20, 2008

MIGRAINE

I would much rather call it a YOUgraine.....no way do I want to call it MYgraine....ick. I wouldn't wish these things on my worst enemy. More like GOAWAYgraine...yeah, that would be much better.
Last night, while minding my own business, just watching the news.....BAM.....the fading light....feeling like I just came into a room after being in BRIGHT sunlight....you know that feeling....like you just STARED straight into the sun way too long? Well, I hadn't been outside....so then the panic sets in.....OH NOOOooOOoOOoOOO.....not a MIGRAINE!!!
After doing the "got to look at several things to make sure it wasn't just a glitch" thing, I ran to the bathroom to search out the meds......I hate taking them because they just put me to sleep. I hemhawed around and finally decided that I had better take it before the PAIN set in.
I was able to stay up longer than I thought....then came the PAIN......so, headed to bed.....feeling quite DRUNK from the meds.
I still had pain, just a dull pain.....I was ready to SHOOT my dog for walking across the floor and having me HEAR the click, click, click, click, click...you get the idea....of her nails! Then, next thing I knew, it was time for dear hubby to hit the bed....which is what it felt like when he climbed into bed.....my senses are so well...sensitive when I have a migraine....I swear it was like he started at the door and ran and JUMPED into the bed and about threw me out......he really didn't, that is just what it felt like, what with the senses thing going on.
Even the bathroom light hurt...and it isn't near my bed!
Now, I sit here today with the migraine BRUISE.....where my brain feels bruised for a day after....and feeling panicked that it might make a re-appearance.......
SoOOOoooo, to any migraine sufferers out there.....my prayers are with you!!!

4 comments:

Nanette said...

What do you take? Mom and used to take stuff that made us feel drunk.....but have moved on to better stuff.....

Migraines STINK - I totally get the senses thing - I can't stand for someone to be breathing in the next room.......although lately I have had ocular migraines - no pain(which is nice) but your eye(s) totally freak out - so not just lighting issues/auras but flashing and your vision starts to go in a way that makes you think you tore your retina or something - it is so BIZARRE. You can't really do anything for it - closing your eyes doesn't help - it feels like your eye is twitching - but you go look and nada. Everyone around you can't tell anything is wrong....crazy. But - no real pain - just makes you feel woozy.

Anyway - get some extra rest - it doesn't sound like you got much last night.

Did I dream that some 80s love song was playing on your site?

Saska said...

Funny that you have one too. I got one Friday morning (mine's from Stress) and still had sorness this morning (Monday).

Just Wedeminute said...

Migraines are so horrible! Yes, I did get sick with this last one and usually do but not 100% of the time. It's gone and hopefully won't be back for a VERY long time! Thanks for commenting on my blog...how did you find it? Are you in OK also?

Just Wedeminute said...

Migraines are so horrible! Yes, I did get sick with this last one and usually do but not 100% of the time. It's gone and hopefully won't be back for a VERY long time! Thanks for commenting on my blog...how did you find it? Are you in OK also? I am going to add you to the blogs that I read daily!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails