WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Open House

Make sure you drop by Kimba's place and see all the other open houses.


My $10 garage sale find. I am still looking for a better way to display it.


My whimpy Christmas Tree. I MIGHT decide to get a fuller one next year...but this one is sooooo easy to decorate. My daughter's decorated it and they got bored easily and didn't even get all the ornaments on it....sheesh.


My 1/2 wall....I was going to put vintage Christmas cards in that neat rotating frame....it is on my TO DO list.

I was blessed with this afghan several years ago by my grandmother, Nalma, Aunt Libby and Aunt Martha. They made this gorgeous thing.....OK, let the DROOLING begin.....


Yep, even Fairies decorate.......

Ornaments hanging from the ceiling.
Better view of the 1/2 wall and the ornaments hanging from the ceiling.


The Nester had a great idea of making a fur wreath. She went through a little more trouble than I did to cover the wreath. After reading her tutorial, I remembered that my mother just so happened to have some fake fur just laying around.....

I cut it into TWO long strips and started wrapping it around the 50% off wreath ($1.75).

I added a cute bow from ribbon I got at The Dollar Tree ($1.00).


And here it is......







These are vintage ornaments from a friend. They are made even more precious because just last week, her mother passed away.....they were her ornaments.
Most of these baubles are from the same lady. Thank you JOYCE!

This is a PINK Santa!!! He is from my childhood. We were not allowed to TOUCH him back then. Now that he is MINE, I touch him and hug him and love him. Thanks MOM!!!




11 comments:

Summer Rains said...

You have everything decorated so wonderful! My favorite part of decorating is always getting everything out and remembering who gave it to me. Up until last year, I've helped my MIL do her tree (8 years in a row) and now I know where all her ornaments and trinkets came from, too. How much fun!I can't wait to get it all out next year in our own place!

Anonymous said...

I love your pretties! We're going to get us our own fairy door. Hopefully I'll have time to take pictures to share.

Merry Christmas!

SaChay said...

Your house is lovely! I haven't even started decorating. I was trying to wait and see if we could get the living room finished first. If it doesn't get finished by Christmas, I may just skip decorating this year. I love the fur wreath!

Dana and Daisy said...

thank you for visiting and commenting on my Christmas obsession, I mean confession, lol!

I like your fur wreath! NOw that is something I had not seen before.

I just can't stand the thought of not having all my vintage ornaments on my tree, now matter how many there are! But maybe I could make a bauble wreath with new ornaments :)

Kim said...

Rachel and I would like a tour of your house, we can make it a homeschool class. Hehehe
Kim

Heather - Dollarstorecrafts.com said...

How fun! Nice decorations! :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Your house is wonderful! I love your Merry Christmas banner and your wreaths are so fun. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!!!

Jen

Decor To Adore said...

Your decorations are so pretty.
I hope you'll visit my blog soon. I've had giveaway's every Friday in December.

Christina said...

Enjoyed looking at your decorations! I really love your nativity and the banner. The fairy door is fun. My daughter would love that.

Anonymous said...

So very creative! Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful ideas. I love the little door with the mini lights!

Terri said...

Very pretty! thanks for sharing

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails