WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Repurposed TOE SOCKS......



What can you do with TOE SOCKS besides wear them on your feet?

Yeah, sure, you can make cool gangsta signs when wearing them on your HANDS.....as my lovely assistant, Sydni is modeling right now.....




Better yet, you can cut off the toes and make WRIST WARMERS!!!

I decided to play around with a pair of the TOE SOCKS I got at Walgreen's for 3/$10.

After cutting off the toes....and saving them...because I'm sure there is something I can do with those cute snow flakes....I used a full 6 strand of embroidery floss and blanket stitched around the opening.

I then did....I THINK a slip stitch to help secure it from unraveling. (Because we all know I am a self teacher....no sewing lessons for me)

Added a button to make a thumb hole and THAT's IT!!!

The complete set was done in less than an hour.



(oh, and don't pay any mind to the lovely painted fingernails.....ewwwwwww)


I got this idea from http://foothillhomecompanion.blogspot.com/2008/02/repurposed-fingerless-gloves.html where she used old sweater sleeves. Since I don't have any old sweaters and I would probably pay about $3.00 at the thrift store, I decided to try the toe socks.




5 comments:

Kim said...

Very cute, the socks are too! :)
Kim

Unknown said...

How cute! :o)

I hope you are having a great time getting ready for Christmas and that your mom is doing well.

Michele said...

What a creative idea!! I love them!

Hugz,
Michele

OkieDebbie said...

Oh, someone gave me these cute toe socks with purple stripes (3 or 4 different shades) that no one likes wearing-I am going to do this with them! What an adorable idea-Katy even said those were SO cute :) She loves wearing her sleeves over her hands, so I think the ones I make will be for her ;) Maybe you could let the fairies have the toes for stockings ;)

Chasity said...

They turned out soooo cute! I'm going to give it a try for my nieces for Christmas. They'll love them!!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails