I've been tagged by Misty
to share 8 things about myself....so, for all you TWO readers out there, here it goes:
1. When I was younger...oh about 7-8 years old, I would be walking through a store with my mother and would think that my REAL mother was going to come running up to me and find her long lost daughter....and I would be an only child. I'm so glad this never happened.....I wouldn't give up my family for the world. I think this might have been during the phase where I had to share my birthday with my middle sister who had a day after Christmas birthday.....lol.
2. I have an earring in my ear that I put in when I was 15....a little golden baby hoop. I have NEVER removed the earring....not even when it was required during Co-Ed softball at OSU....I would just put a band-aid over it. My oldest sister, Terri, has the other earring in her ear....
This all came about when I found out how hard it was to put a BABY earring on a big ear....so, I came up with the ingenious idea of having sister earrings......she fell for it hook, line and earring.
3. I have a tattoo....yep, I got it when I was 28 while on a mother/daughter trip to Arkansas....see, in Oklahoma it used to be illegal to get tattoos. My mother made sure that the guy used new needles....cleaned everything, yadda yadda.....
I didn't do it to be cool......I did it because I wanted to be identified if my body was ever found anywhere....I know, I'm weird. The dam thing hurt too.....I almost didn't survive the outlining. Then, when I got home to show my dear hubby....he thought it was a lick and stick!!! He liked it so much that he would let me have as many as I want......yeah, like that is EVER going to happen again! It used to be in a place that people couldn't see....until the waist of jeans started plunging....now, it gets noticed...which is not my intention.
4. I can't stand to let any part of my body hang off the bed at night. I'm afraid the little trolls will come from under the bed and grab me. Not only will they grab me, but they will break the bone when they pull.....it is enough to keep me awake at night if I let it.
5. I love to scare the bejeebies out of my children. I come by it naturally....my Papa used to do it to us and I guess I must pass on the legacy. I can just be walking down the hall and one of my children will come out of their room and I can let out the most blood curdling scream.....and laugh till my sides hurt. They try to pay me back....hasn't worked yet. Even their friends are at risk....I even had one that wanted to call her mom in the night because I told her to watch out for the dead body lying next to her.....sheesh.....
She still talks about it.....and she is still friends with me!!! Why just a few weeks ago, I threw a fake spider on another friend while she was trying to leg wrestle my daughter......all she saw was a spider dropping from the ceiling...then it got mangled in her hair and all she could do was flop around on the floor shrieking....while I laughed so hard I winkled in my pants. See, I'm sick!!!
6. My first car was a 1969 Toyota Corona.....yep, Corona. It only cost $700. I loved that car...it had the LOUDEST horn on it. I swear the tires were the originals....they were as bald as one of my teachers. All of my friends got new cars.....who wanted a NEW car...when I could have this thing. I even liked it better than my 1964 1/2 Mustang!!! I had to be careful with the keys because the Toyota dealership couldn't make new keys.....Also, I didn't change the oil for ONE YEAR. I didn't know I had to....ba haaaaa
7. I was a cheerleader all through Jr. High and High School. I didn't plan on it....I was dared to tryout my 7th grade year....so, with borrowed clothes, I tried out and won. I managed to make it every year after that. I think they liked my loud voice. Cheerleading is expensive...and way back in 1982, it was about $1,000 a year.....did I mention that I had a single mother? I still don't know how she got that money.....I'm hoping she didn't sell her body......she won't tell me how she came up with the money every year. It wasn't in small payments either....it was about $300 a whack with no forewarning...just BAM, the money is due TOMORROW....I know that had of been hard. THANKS MOM!!!
8. When I graduated, I was Sr. Class president, Captain of the cheerleading squad, and Sr. Class Historian. I don't remember spending much time in the classroom. My friends tell me I spent more time in the teacher's lounge and in the hall drawing spirit posters. I didn't even know we had detention......If we wouldn't have had such small grade scale margins, I would have been a 4.0 student. I was gifted with creativity....not academics. They didn't have gifted classes for creative people....so, I guess they considered letting me roam around to count for my classes....ba haaaaaaa.
Thanks Misty for tagging me.....I'm sure you learned WAY more than you wanted to know......