WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Anyone can show you pictures of a ball game....

This is my MOM, say HI to my MOM!!!

She just finished 6 months of chemo for colon cancer.
Doesn't she look AWESOME???



Last week, we went with my parents to the TULSA DRILLERS baseball game against the Cardinals....no, not THE Cardinals, just the Cardinals.
We went for the Saint Francis Cancer Survivor night.
Yep, and that is my husband on the PHONE....an Ag Teacher's job is never done when there are show animals to be bought! He has learned to be a multi-tasker.

Instead of showing you how amazing my camera is by showing the hunky ball players, I thought I would show you with "food". Please note that I am only 2 - 3 rows FROM THE TOP of the bleachers.

QuikTrip is a sponser...of course, or I wouldn't be showing these pieces of food in a foot race now would I? If you don't have a QuikTrip,....pause, pause, pause, pause....that was my moment of silence for you.....I was mourning FOR you!



So, in this race are Egg Roll, Hot Dog, and Taquito.

Egg Roll was so far behind, I couldn't get them all in a picture.
Notice that Hot Dog is all smiles.

RUN! Hot Dog...run.....can't YOU HEAR ME? I said, RUN!!




Hot Dog finally hears me I guess, because he takes a quick turn just as

TAQUITO takes a flying leap towards Hot Dog.....

Let's take a closer look shall we?

Look at TAQUITO all smiles with a hint of orneriness on his face.

Look at Hot Dog's arms...clearly in the self defense mode off RUNNNNNN!

Look at TAQUITO's feet....NOT EVEN ON THE GROUND!


OHHHhhhhh, Hot Dog almost got away....he was unfortunately taken down by TAQUITO....mean, mean, TAQUITO.....

Oh, look, here comes Egg Roll....happily skipping and bouncing off the ground....


He spies Hot Dog...what, does the poor Hot Dog have a sign on him that says, "I'M A WEENIE!"

I am beginning to sense some bullying going on at this here ball game.

Egg Roll could have just run right passed Hot Dog....but NOOOOoOOOoO.
I think I'm having playground flashbacks...how about you?

Look, poor Hot Dog still has that sweet precious, put some relish on it smile.

At about this point, I think Hot Dog has figured out that he is the brunt of the school yard jokes.....

He makes a mad dash for the finish line......


Now what the....who are these GIRLS....???
No you STUPID Hot Dog!!! What are YOU doing?
Don't go for the GIRLS....go for the FINISH....

And look once again...there is TAQUITO....squeaking by...
He is creeping by because his tackle of Hot Dog wore him out.....

TAQUITO is declared the WINNER!!
Take a look at how oblivious the ball players are in all the pictures....
Like it is EVERYDAY that you see food racing around...
Oh, and did I mention that the horse races were running RIGHT BEHIND us....I'll spare you the pictures of those. I just want to say that two little boys decided they were going to crawl under the fence to get a ball that bounce out onto the horse track.....AS THE HORSES WERE RACING AROUND THE TRACK...
Luckily, a man caught them before they became PART OF THE HORSE TRACK and Oklahoma made the news again......

8 comments:

Shelby said...

ROFL! That's hilarious!!! :D Awesome pics!

Shelby said...

ROFL!That's hilarious! :D
Great pics!

Chasity said...

Oh, that's too funny! Poor hot dog. Your mom looks great. I hope all goes well with her next PET Scan goes well, too.

Dana and Daisy said...

I loves me some summertime drinks at QT!

Kim said...

I just love seeing the food racing, sometimes that is what it feels like in my gut. :O
Kim

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hi Traci! This post made me laugh! I love that!
I also loved your dog bed thrifty post. I hope you will not mind that I linked you and used your photo (with you r name on it) on my Friday post. I wanted to give you some link love. So impressed. Let me know if you're not cool with me using the pic.

Anonymous said...

traci, you are cracking me up!! that food race, with commentary, made my day!

Unknown said...

Hi Mom! You DO look great!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails