WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Better Than Thrifted Items

Several years ago, I had a lovely young lady who had nothing better to do than to come help me in my classroom. No, her mom was the computer teacher and she had to come over anyhow...so, she chose ME to help. I know, I need A LOT of help! I save the therapy lesson for some other time.
Anyhow, that Jr. High girl is now 30 and we've become friends.
She found my blog and has decided that we have very similar tastes.
So, I invited her over because she wanted to see my simple home and drink some of my amazing lemonade.

She came with gifts that she thought I would like.
She thought RIGHT!!

How could I say NO to these?
I offered to pay her for them, but she refused.

Look at this vintage suit...makes me want to go work in an office somewhere.
Oh, wait, I DO work in an office somewhere....
well, it is at my mother's and the dress is pretty casual.
Look at the single dragonfly hovering the gingham ribbon!

Love this skirt! Talk about feeling all light and airy.....
A CORDLESS RETRO PHONE!!! Can you hear me squealing?
It is a big ol' chunky phone.....and it WORKS!!!
Thanks so much Carrie! I'm so glad we get to be friends now...not because you brought me amazing gifts, because you are an amazing woman!!


5 comments:

Chasity said...

That phone is way cool. And I really like the polka dot dress, too. You're right, gifts are much better than thrifted.

jennykate77 said...

HOLY BEANS! Everybody needs a friend like that! I love love love the stuff she brought you...and you're right FREE is better than thrift! :)

Enjoy your beautiful "new" stuff.

Have a great day!

Carol Murdock said...

I'd squeal too! Great treasure from a great friend!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Oh how fun!
And...what awesome clothes too!
Just this last week,a friends grandson came into town, who I haven't see since he was 10.He's now almost 21 and nearly double my hieght!
I was just in awe.

Dana and Daisy said...

I am so jealous she got to try your lemonade!

yes, two hours, but that only has to be done a couple times a week, just to water the baskets and pots on the patio is no big deal.

we got an estimate for 7000 for a sprinkler system. So ragging the hose around seems very reasonable to me.

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails