WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Swear There Was No Drinking at the Retreat!

HAPPY FAT TUESDAY!
Here are some pictures of last weekend's women's retreat
with my church.

This is Mrs. Pat.....Mrs. Pat is 80 years old....I think.
She was about the spunkiest gal at the retreat.

Unfortunately, after "attending" Mardi Gras, she suffered
"GATOR TOE". That is a new ailment....I think it comes from
having to find SOMETHING to do the with props
found in the bag......

I know it looks like there was drinkin'......there was NOT!
She is drunk on the Holy Spirit.
Something I want to share about this special woman....
she never got to attend church camp as a child.
So, every chance she gets to go on a retreat, she GOES!
Why a few years ago....she was involved in the kidnapping*
of THE BELL!
We were not allowed to wear watches or to know the time...we just
knew when THE BELL rang, it was time for something.
WE GOT SICK OF THE BELL!
THE BELL had to go!
Mrs. Pat drew a very lovely picture of THE BELL.....
complete with a blindfold over his eyes!!!
I LOVE YOU MRS. PAT!!!

*No bell was harmed in the making or filming of the retreat. I won't say anything about the poor gator though.




3 comments:

SaChay said...

I'm glad you had fun!

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Traci!
Welcome home! Glad your back safe and sound. It looks like it was a rip roaring good time for all.

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Oh,looks as if you all had a wonderful time.
Again,I am jealous!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails