WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Thanks to the Dollar Tree for Helping Me Make Valentines for Veterans!

Yep, I did it again this year....had to make PRACTICAL Valentines for our Veterans.
No, I didn't HAVE to be PRACTICAL....I just couldn't buy
a box of valentines and just sign my name on the back.
I want them to be able to use them....make them functionable (is that a word?).
You can get 4 mini-composition notebooks for $1.00.
Sheets of stickers for $1.00 each.
Each notebook is already decorated with a bright cover.
I added a sweet message on the first page.
20 books for about .50 each.
I tried to find some thin ribbon to add for a bookmark...sort of like the kind
in a Bible....no luck.

You still have time to make some.
Click HERE to find out how you can participate in Valentines for Vets!!!
I want to thank REGAN and TIFFANI for doing such a wonderful
job decorating them.
You can do a search at the top of my blog for VALENTINES to see what I made last year.

7 comments:

OkieDebbie said...

What a cute idea!I think these would even be adorable for V-Day gifts for the kids!

SaChay said...

That is so sweet and thoughtful! I bet they'll love them!

jennykate77 said...

Great idea, Traci! I should bring this up to the ladies at the Auxiliary. Thanks for sharing!!

Coloradolady said...

This is a very good project. Thanks for posting this. I will stop off at my Dollar Tree and have a look around. Fun.

Tanya said...

This is a great idea! Thanks for visiting my blog. It was nice to meet you. I'll be visiting you often!!!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Cute!
I haven't seen these at my Dollar Stores here.
Love the ideas tho,I would totally make these for my preschool class.

Anonymous said...

That is a really great idea! Wal-Mart used to sell ribbon by the roll at reasonable prices. Most Wal-Mat stores have dropped their fabric & craft sections though. If you have a fabric store nearby, you might be able to get some nice ribbon by the roll, or by the yard, at an inexpensive price. A nice 1/4-inch satin ribbon would probably work well. :)

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails