WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

PINEAPPLE CASSEROLE....Are you KIDDING me?

I've had several questions/requests regarding pineapple casserole. I first tasted this delightful dish at a BUNKO night....Sharon H. made it. WOOHOO....it was a hit with me. So, I decided to use my family as a nuclear...ur, uh, see how they liked it. It was a HIT with dear hubby....and if HE likes it, it doesn't matter whether the kiddos like it or not.....I'll make it again. I only made 1/2 the recipe and he ate the WHOLE thing.
I know, it needs a better name.....pineapple and casserole should NEVER be used together if you are trying to get someone to try something NEW.
I use http://www.allrecipes.com/ when I want to find a recipe. I look for the ones that have the most reviews....MAKE SURE YOU READ THE REVIEWS because people often make changes to the original recipe....just like this one....I reduced the sugar to 1/2 cup from 1 cup based on the reviews.
You might want to try it the ORIGINAL way first then maybe try it w/ some of the changes in the reviews. I don't like it when people actually post so many changes that it really isn't the original recipe....why don't they just post a whole new recipe?


INGREDIENTS



3 (15 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
8 tablespoons pineapple juice
8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
30 buttery round crackers, crushed (Ritz-type)
1/2 cup butter, sliced


DIRECTIONS


Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl combine pineapple chunks, cheese, pineapple juice, flour and sugar. Spoon into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with crushed crackers and butter slices.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.

This is great served w/ chicken or ham as the main course.





2 comments:

Liisa said...

Hi Traci!

Well we are STILL having computer troubles but I am online for now anyway however I cannot use my email! ~sigh~ I have no idea what is wrong with this thing but at least most of it seems to be working right now. If it goes back in we don't know when we will get it back so we are kind of making do. I did manage to get your email however I cannot reply that way since can't get back into it! I knew you were the type to be totally fine with purple hair! How did I know that? Hee!Hee! You are self proclaimed eccentric! Never worry about offending me - it isn't that easy to do!

I have really missed your blog!

Sorry for such a long winded comment that had nothing to do with Pineapple Casserole - which looks yummy by the way!

Blessings,
Liisa

Summer Rains said...

This is a yummy one! I thought it was weird, too, when a friend of mine introduced me to it last year at Thanksgiving. She calls it 'pineapple au gratin', don't know if it matters, but she uses sharp cheddar. It is definitely and easy one for holiday parties and if you get the one person to try it that is the 'expert' on what's good at the holiday buffet, everyone will try it. My Papaw thinks it's awesome dessert, too!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails