WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Betty Crocker FLUFFY Pancakes 1950 Recipe

I was in the mood to make pancakes today. I'm not the best pancake maker. Since I'm not the best pancake maker, I don't have a perfect recipe yet. I decided to get out my 1950 Betty Crocker's Picture Cookbook and try one of her recipes.
NOTE TO SELF: There is NO picture of THESE pancakes!
NOTE TO SELF AGAIN: After this post, there WILL be pictures of the pancakes!

Here are the ingredients:

Make sure you separate the eggs....they tend to get into trouble when you keep them in the same bowl.
No, these are not shot glasses for some sports nut!



Mix the egg yolks, soda and buttermilk
woooo....isn't that a work of art?




Sift the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt...
do people even sift anymore? It just seems like you are more or less pouring the stuff through the sifter before you can even turn the cute little crank...





Add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture and stir.
Add butter.
Whip egg whites to stiffen and gently fold into pancake mixture.
The egg whites only cried a tiny bit while being whipped....I don't think any of the family heard it.





Griddle you some pancakes......
WARNING: Pancakes must resemble THE MOON before attempting to FLIP....don't ask me how I know this.







TA DAAAAA.....not so fluffy pancakes!
But hey, I got a picture now....and, they were still DELICIOUS!!!


I wonder if this post will bring people from all over the world to view my pancakes. 4% of the people who have visited my blog have come just to see the post I did on my daughter's pancakes. CLICK HERE. Go figure...I never realized pancakes were that popular around the world.

3 comments:

My Bucket List said...

Do you think maybe 'pancake' might have another meaning in a foreign language.....:)
Love how you showed all the stuff but it sure looks like a lot of trouble...I'll just go to IHOP since we have a new one in town...

Just Wedeminute said...

I went to look at your daughter's pancakes with the other 4% but couldn't find them...no picture appeared for me. I do love pancakes even though I cheat and get the powedered stuff that you just mix with water...we have them about 1-2 times per week so I found this yummy mix that's so quick!

Anonymous said...

where is the peanut butter

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails