WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why I Can't Have a Magazine Perfect Porch.....


I need ideas to keep the DUMB dogs from stealing my pillows off my porch! I've now resorted to bringing them in at night.....which really hampers the "I want a pretty porch" attempt. They even got the HUGE COUCH CUSHION out of my rocking chair this morning...arrggghhhhh. They do it OVERNIGHT...when I'm sleeping! Is there a spray or something that I can spray them with to keep them from taking my pillows. Sheesh, I wonder how people keep their porches pretty and neat.....AND keep the animals from making their own beds with them.

6 comments:

Liisa said...

I haven't had this problem but have heard that this works well.
http://www.bitterapple.com/

Our vet recommended a bitter apple spray for my Mum's dog so I am sure it will not harm the dogs but may keep them away from your pillows!

Hope you find a solution - LOVE the picture by the way - hee!hee!

Blessings,
Liisa

Saska said...

I can't keep cushions on the porch, but it's from the wind and not a neighbor's dog. The cats try their best to weigh them down, but they still manage to blow away.

Hot wire? I don't know, but there's gotta be a way somewhow to keep them from visiting.

Margie said...

Hi Traci, sorry I don't have any suggestions to keep those bad doggies from stealing your pretty porch cushions! I'm just stopping by to let you know that I received the 2 packages today and to thank you for the lovely things you sent me! The tablecloth and hankies are very lovely, the little candleholders are adorable, and I can't wait to read the letters, I love stuff like that! There was so much in there, that without looking at it while typing I can't name it all so I'll just say thanks again for everything!!!

Margie :o)

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

LOL. I know it's not funny, truly I know this, but I have this mental image of doggie bandits with the sole purpose of stealing couch cushions.
I wish I could give you answers but my dogs do the same thing to the pillows on my patio chairs...well, the pillows that used to be on my patio chairs.

Chasity said...

Maybe find/make some cheap cushions for the dogs so they can have their own and not be quite so interested in yours?

It's weak, but it's all I've got. I'm drawing a blank.

Anonymous said...

Our dogs sound alike. I've given up even trying to have a nice porch. If I have any chairs out they are always up on the chairs getting them hairy.


If I let my hens free range they run straight for my porch so they can poop on it. Yuck!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails