WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

I Won a Major Award....I Won a Major Award!!!




Kim, at We Speak of Him, has awarded me THE SMILE AWARD!
I'm feeling really special now. THANKS KIM!!! Make sure you pop on over and check out how she is totally in love with God. She is also a cancer survivor! Also, you can see who the original creator of the award....just click the smile award link.

THE SMILE AWARD's rules are:

1. The recipient must link back to the awards creator (
http://thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/2008/07/smile-award_11.html)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award (see below.)
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver. (s)
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human).
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from other.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
Here are FIVE people ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER) I am passing on the award to.......
1. Liisa, at All of My Days, this is a woman whom I met through blogland and yet already feel like we should have known each other before now. We have amazing things in common...even meeting our husbands at the young age of 15! Lisa is a Canadian....so, I'm sure it will be a long time before we could ever meet face to face.
2. Mom, aka, Nanny at My Bucket List. I hesitated to put her on here only because I KNOW...don't ask me how I know....but, I'll be the one that has to do the posting of her award...ba haaaaaa. Seriously, she is an amazing woman who is seeking God's heart and enjoying life. Pop on over to see how she is fulfilling her bucket list.
3. Rechelle at Walnuthaven Cottage. I don't even remember how I found this wonderful lady's blog. I just know that I have so much fun reading it. She participates in PINK SATURDAY and wowee, does she ever have some pink stuff. She is one who makes sure she leaves a comment anytime she pops in.
4. Margo at Margo's Junkin' Journal. This lady makes me smile every time I see her WONDERFUL junk creations. I swear SOME DAY I will make it to Texas to find her and roll around in her creative shop. Yeah, just pop on over there and see if you don't fall in love with her stuff......go ahead, I dare YOU.
5. Last but certainly not least is Chas at My Neurotic Spot. Chas is on of my earliest friends from blogland. This woman has such a knack for writing. I also think she gets the best pictures of her two boys....one was of "Critter" asleep in his walker w/ his binky....HOW CUTE IS THAT?
Ok, now I'm going to post my FIRST AWARD in my sidebar.....woooohooooooo.


5 comments:

Margo said...

Thank you so much for the award. I'll be sure to pass it on. give me a few days though, I just got another one too and I'm gonna have to think of who to pass them on to.
BTW: love the graphics on your blog, how were you able to move out of the standard blogspot templates? HTML? Would love to know the secret.
email me.
Margo

View my blog at:
http://robolady.blogspot.com/

Liisa said...

Thank you so much Traci! It is scary how much we have in common! Perhaps one day I'll venture south - you never know!

Thanks again - you are sweet!

Blessings,
Liisa

Unknown said...

Congrats, Traci! That is wonderful - you are a great person to receive such an award...you have cheered me right up and we just "met"! God bless you and yours...

Unknown said...

Hi Traci - I haven't been to the homeschool convention, but I have been interested...it just hasn't worked out that I have been able to work it into my schedule - not that it's particularly busy most of the time, but I have a hard time committing because something always seems to come up. We have had to deal with family health issues and things both years and just have not been able to get there. And since my Kiddo is so young, THIS year is the first REALLY planned/organized year. Last year he had to "decompress" from school - he wouldn't think on his own and so we "unschooled" for last year. This year we are in review and are catching back up...but he knows what he needs to know so he's not really behind per se, just behind where he would have been had he been in ps AND had me teaching him besides like usual. Anyway...you might be able to get an e-mail to me if you don't wanna keep posting back and forth - let me know if you can't and we'll try something else. Have a great week - and Labor Day!

Chasity said...

I met my husband at 15 too, how weird is that?

Thank you for the award, it is my first. Please can you help me? I'm trying to put it on my blog, and do my post for it, but I can't seem to find any code to copy- how did you do it?

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails