WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

HAY......

It is haying time on our homestead.....these are square bales, which haven't been done on our place in YEARS. I've already threatened youngest daughter to not be climbing on them....since they are not stacked very well..... See the tractor in the background? That is my hubby getting ready to unload some round bales.




There, a better picture. This is how most farms haul hay...even the The Pioneer Woman's RANCH does it this way. I also need to note that we have NATURAL air conditioning whereas the Marlboro Man DOES NOT....he has the REAL DEAL.
David then hooks a flatbed trailer to the tractor, hauls it to the hay meadow, unhooks, loads six bales, hooks back up, hauls the hay to the house.......unhooks, unloads each bale ONE BY ONE......hooks back up......









Heads by his parent's home....nope, nobody on the porch waving to him....so, he drives on.......







He heads out into the rural DIRT road.....ever aware of the speeding teenagers that run amuk on these roads.......












Turns up our driveway......sees ME and give ME a wave....I make sure he is wearing the WET bandana around his neck seeing that it is at least 103 degrees....in the shade.....ask him if he needs a drink and he motions to the jug beside him........so, I wave him on.....








Then he is off for his bazillionth trip to the hay meadow......wish I could say he is off into the sunset....

2 comments:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I love it! Hope he didn't mind my hitching a ride :0) Seriously though, the closest I get to hay is when I'm traveling behind a huge semi that's hauling it down the freeway. Then of course I'm one of those drivers that muttering under my breath, darn hay flying all over my windshield. LOL

Nanette said...

What made you all decide to do some square bales this year? Is all of the hay baled at mom and dad's?

It's been a while since anyone stacked square bales around there - after seeing your pic, I am assuming that someone needs some practice ;)

I was just telling mom only crazy people move hay in this heat.....and then I see a picture of David! But - you have to do it when you have to do it .....regardless of weather.

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails