WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Favorite Kitchen Gadgets 101

IF you don't have one of these babies....stop reading this right now and google Cook's Essentials. It is a 10 qt. roaster...that in a pinch at a stockshow, camping, picnic, snowboarding, driving....ok, I'm getting carried away now...it can be used as a SINK for dirty dishes. Just pour you some water, add some dishsoap, crank that baby to 400 degrees....and VOILA...you've got a KITCHEN SINK!!!
I love this thing....if I weren't already married, I might consider being the first woman to MARRY A CROCKPOT....lol.
I use it weekly, if not DAILY. Most people have the 18 qt or bigger....the smaller ones are hard to find for some reason. I think there might even be an 8 qt. out there in internet land.
If you find a place that sells them, please come back here and post the link in the comments. It must be 10 qt. or 8 qt., the smaller ones are easier to find...it is these two that seem to be extinct.



6 comments:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

I would love a roasting oven. I think I'd have to go with a bigger one though because of the amount of food I usually have to cook. The only reason I haven't bought one yet, is because of space and I need a recommendation. So, which would you reccomend? Oh, and btw, the slip covers are staying on. I put those pool "noodles" in the creases and that keeps slippage at a minimum.

Lettered Cottage said...

Don't feel bad about your "love affair" with your crock pot, I have considered running away with my Compound Miter Saw on occasion. :-)

Layla
The Lettered Cottage

The Vintage Kitten said...

Hi Tracy, I love my Artisan Kitchen Aid.... Honestly I LOVE it LOL!

Liisa said...

I am putting one of these on my wish list!

Blessings,
Liisa

OkieDebbie said...

Ok, I have been thinking ahead to the Holidays and how I will cook my turkey since our oven is smallish and it seems to cook so high (is that normal for gas ovens?)...this sounds like a great solution for me!! I am going to search these out :)

Saska said...

I have three cockpots! I'd love to have a roaster...so many stockshow mom's do, but I've never bought one.

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails