All February updates are in RED. I am going to keep them running...each month will be a different color.1. 52 NEW RECIPES - I have successfully tried 4 new recipes in January. (Hoagies, Homemade Pizza, Sauerkraut/Pasta Dish, and Homemade Tortillas with Homemade Queso) The husband has loved every dish....so they are keepers. We tried 3 new recipes in February. I haven't blogged all of them yet. I missed a week, but will make up for it in the future. We did finally get the THUMBS down recipe.....
2. CLEAN OUT THE OLD HOMESTEAD - Not a thing done to it. Still nothing done to it.
3. TEAR DOWN THE OLD GARAGE - DONE!! I have a picture somewhere....it still hasn't been hauled off or burned, but will by summer.
4. RUN A WATER LINE TO THE BARNS - NOPE! Nope again. We had a huge blizzard hit, so even if we wanted to do this, we couldn't have done it.
5. PAINT MASTER BATH - NOPE! Uh, still a NOPE!
6. GET VW WINDSHIELD FIXED BY FEB. 1ST - NOPE! We have had other expenses come up, so this has been put on hold since it isn't a safety issue yet. This still hasn't been done.
7. TAKE MORE PRIDE IN OUR VEHICLES - YES! I spent the first Sunday sweeping and sweeping and sweeping out the VW...it took about 2 hours altogether to get the inside of the car cleaned out. I am proud to say that it only takes less than 10 minutes to sweep it out each Sunday after church. This was a HUGE light bulb moment for me. Even if it doesn't LOOK dirty, CLEAN IT! It will never get gross dirty if you do. I washed the car once in the month...which is a great accomplishment...as I was lucky to wash it 3 -4 times a YEAR. Don't judge me! We live on dirt roads and it is depressing when you wash and by the time you get home, it is covered in dirt. OK!!! YAY!! Finally I have a great update! I have still done this PLUS washed the outside at least TWICE in February!!!
8. ORGANIZE THE CURRENT GARAGE - NOPE! We are still hashing out the details of what we want and need in it. Still a big fat NO!
9. LEARN SOME NEW THINGS TO DO WITH THE BREAD RECIPE - YES! I made homemade pizza crust and it is AWESOME! I haven't done anything else with it....I am having a lot of fun doing the pizza though.
10. CONTINUE TO FLY WITH THE FLYLADY - YES! I did deep clean all 5 zones in January. I have some buddies who are also trying to focus on the zones and we have come up with a ZONEBUSTER game we play together. Because I have become more passionate about the zones, I didn't stick too well with the weekly home blessing hour....but I did manage to keep the floor swept and the feather dusting done. At this current moment as I am typing this, I am using my timer! I did learn that if I don't keep the routines, then my house will look like I haven't done a thing in weeks. Also, I got the sewing/guest room mostly finished. I wouldn't be afraid to have someone sleep in there now. My bed has been made EVERY DAY.
11. FEED MY SPIRITUAL SOUL - YES! I am continuing online "classes" through lifechurch.tv. Our Sunday school class has really stepped up and decided to make a change and be a part of the solution. I have really stepped up my prayer life as well and am seeing a big bonus in that area. I have slacked a bit in this area on a personal level. I attended our women's retreat with my church and it as a wonderfully renewing experience. I roomed with some of the most amazing women!!!
12. READ A BOOK A MONTH - EH! I have a book I need to finish.....fiction is my downfall....seriously, I can start a great fiction book and put it down and not pick it up again! I am currently snowed in...so, maybe I will finish it. It is called "A Vintage Affair". It is realllly good.....I have no idea why I can't sit still and read it. Yah, still not so good. I will have plenty of time to read while at the stockshows this month, so maybe I will catch up.
13. DRINK 8 GLASSES OF WATER A DAY - YES! I have had very few days where I didn't get them all in. Most days, it is more than 8. YES!! I have done really well with this....I can't even think of the last time I had a soda pop.
14. PLANT A GARDEN - NOPE! It isn't time yet...hee hee. Not yet, but I do need to get the old stuff torn out...right now, the birds are reallying loving it.
15. GET CHIMNEY CLEANED - DONE! We were having problems with back puffing into the house, so we went ahead and had it cleaned in January. It was NASTY!
16. FIND A NEW COUCH - NOPE! I have been looking. I am still looking and will look while we are at the BIG CITY.
17. WEIGHT LOSS - YES! I lost 5 lbs. Boo! I gained 3...I know it has to do with the fact we eat out a lot in February and March...but know that is not an excuse.
18. BLOG UPDATES ON THE FIRST OF EACH MONTH - DONE! You are reading this on Feb. 1st. WEEEEEEE....here is the FEBRUARY update, so YES, I did keep up with it!!!
Feb - I never really set my goals high for February and March due to it being very hectic months for our family.....if you don't already know, we show livestock and we have 3 huge shows in these two months. The one thing I am really proud that I accomplished was the sewing/guest room! I used the FLYLADY method and got it done 15 minutes at a time!! I use the FLYLADY chat to find other people who use this method. Although it has gone through some weird changes, I've still found some people who help keep me on track and still have a sense of humor. Thank you to those who are helping me FLY.
January = BLACK
February = RED