WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Monday, June 15, 2009

The AFTER of the BEFORE Project!



An end table.

Two pieces of trim.

4 spindles.

4 wooden napkin rings.

Glue, drill, saw, primer, paint.

Can't you just picture the vinyl black couch and the bull fighter velvet oil painting going with that table?


Thanks to Ki, at JUNK CAMP for the inspiration for making my little princess Rat Terrier, Daisy, her very own four poster bed!

I would have a picture of her IN THE BED, but she cannot STAND cameras.

She can tell that you are getting the camera even before you pick it up....and the only picture you get is her slinking away....like a poor abused dog.

I want to thank my husband, David, my friends, Bobby and Kevin for helping by using the tools....I can't BELIEVE I didn't have the camera when they were drilling and gluing. Their conversation could easily have been mistaken for REAL MAN TALK....'cept they were making a DOG BED...that is what made it so funny.

They were quite serious about it...and if you knew these three, making a dog bed is something NO ONE could ever IMAGINE THEY would be caught DEAD doing!!!

Well, they DID and HERE is the proof....THANKS GUYS!!!

TOTAL COST OF PROJECT: $23.00...only because it took 3 cans of PRIMER to cover that dark wood, otherwise it would have been less than $20.00

34 comments:

Dana and Daisy said...

I bow in adoration... We're not worthy!

Carol Murdock said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen Traci! I bet Sadie would love one of these!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

What a cute bed!
I love it!Do you supose it would be degrading to make one for a male dog? lol!

Chasity said...

I love this project! I truly wish I had a dog smaller than a German Shepherd so I could make one too. What a cute doggie bed.

Michele said...

I absolutely love it! My Bear is the same way...knows you're going to take a picture before you pick it up!

Hugz,
Michele

Drama Momma said...

Hey Traci. It's Debi (Troy's Debi). I'm new to this blog biz, how do I "follow" you (if that's what it's called)? I have a blog too doubledramamomma.blogspot.com. Not quite as awesome as yours, but still a rookie!

Beca said...

How darling! What a lucky doggie! Very creative.

Kim said...

That table looks like ones that Keith and I had when we got married. Very cute.
Kim

jennykate77 said...

I saw the pics you posted of this on Facebook! It really is sooooo cute and totally creative! Love it!

BTW, I tagged you on my blog. :)

Anna said...

wow, that is so cute!

Paige said...

That is the cutest dog bed I have ever seen!

Just Wedeminute said...

Ok, this is totally NOT what I was expecting you to do with your project BUT it's so adorable! What a GREAT idea!!!

Holly said...

That is crazy cute! I never would have thought of that!
Thanks for joining TST :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That.Is.so.stinking.cute!

I LOVE that! Seriously, if you make another...I would buy it from you. I have five dogs, I guess I wouold have to let them fight out who was the "queen" of the bed. How adorble. And who woulda thought of it? I am going to have to give you some props tomorrow on my post too. Amazingly clever. Now I will look at end tables in a differnt way! YOU.ROCK!
Thanks for participaing in Thrifty Thursday this week! I was late in posting the links, so forgive me. It's my fault that you may have some late visits.
Thanks for partcipating. Next week I will be back on a good schedule!

Sabrena said...

I just love that bed and if you made it in a big girl size my daughter would be all over it!!(I would too!!)
But wouldn't the end table to start it from be scary in itself?? LOL

Chandy said...

That is amazing! Wow, what a lucky dog who would enjoy that. I would enjoy that. LOL

Kristin - The Goat said...

Just awesome!! I hope the slinking poor abused dog loves the new bed :)

Blondie's Journal said...

This is just an amazing idea!! I would laugh at a dog bed like this in a shop, especially if it was selling for $79.99 or more as I am sure they are, but now I know how to make one!! Yahooo!! THANKS!!

I have a Rat Terrier too!! You can see Milo on my blog anytime, he is a ham!! ;-) I would love to see Daisy...maybe you can sneek a pic when she is sleeping!! LOL!

Great TT post!

xoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

Hi there....I just popped over from Leigh's Bloggeritaville and LOVE your blog and have added myself as a follower. The dog bed is precious! I need to learn how to you some tools so I can create stuff like that. I can paint but not so much else. :)

Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

That is so cute! What a great idea.

LADY JANE said...

OMG!!!! I love it...can you make a BIGGER version for my new Granbabe! Love your bloghome and will be back to visit again! Happy VTT and CREATING to you!

Postcardy said...

That's a cute bed, but the ends of the posts look kind of lethal.

★Carol★ said...

I've loved this idea ever since I saw it on Junk Camp, and yours turned out magnificently! You better keep those power tools out, because you did a great job!

cristina said...

LOL! Brilliant, I didn't see that 'after' coming at all! I hope your pooch loves it!It is fit for a princess

Miri said...

Adorable! Brilliant transformation! Lucky dog! :)

Gwen said...

OH MY! I lovvvve this. Now I just have to find a table big enough for my tub of fun, Murphy Grace.

He isn't camera shy like yours, but he gets too close because he wants to lick it!

Bea said...

Unbelievable makeover! Too cute!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

very creative.. pretty end result! have a great weekend

Sarah said...

Fantastic results. Your dog must be quite the little princess!!

CC said...

The little bed is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love it. Such a lucky doggie is have such a bed. Happy VTT, have a great weekend.

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

This is so adorable! Nice work! My chihuahua would hop in that bed in a second...if I could convince her that it was a bed for PEOPLE only :)

Amy

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! I wish I were so creative! :o)

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

AWESOME!!!!!!

Denise Marie said...

you rocked it!!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails