WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do You Need to Make a Special Thank You Gift?

We are 2/3 completed with the spring stockshows.
Sydni and Regan both made the premium sale at the regional show.
For those who don't know about premium sales, here's the down-low....
The exhibitor's animals go through a sale pretty much like a normal auction.
The difference is, the animal is not really "sold".
The money is given as a donation and the "buyer" gets a tax-deduction and a really pretty picture w/ the exhibitor, the animal and themselves.
To show our appreciation to the "buyers", we give them a token gift for their generous support. Most "buyers" are businesses who hang the pictures in their office to show off their community support.
We have done special shirts to baked items to baskets to towels!
I found these floating frames and knew exactly what I could do with them!
Do you see that they have see through glass.....really adds a POW to the picture.
Sydni's steer was "bought" by Armstrong Bank for $600.00!
Regan's looks black because she has the black shirt behind it....
As with all the pics on this blog, you can click them to see them LARGER.
Regan's goat was "bought" by Munding Milling Feed for $650.00!
This was Sydni's last time to show at the regional show...sniff, sniff.
I can't believe she is only a few months away from graduating homeschool high school....sigh.....
I will post pictures of the local show when I get them in.....stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

carolina nana said...

WOW WEE, CONGRATS TO THE GIRLS! AND I MIGHT ADD THE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS! YOU MUST BE SO PROUD OF YOUR DAUGHTERS AND THEY I'M SURE ARE VERY APPRECIATIVE OF ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!
GOOD LUCK IN THE FUTURE SHOWS!
GOD BLESS
MARILYN

Just Wedeminute said...

Miss Traci you are so creative! Love it, what a great idea and so cute!!!

Unknown said...

I found your site...and I can't remember the last ten sites I was on which brought me here!! Our boys show heifers and for the youngest I just had a shadow box done of his "girl" Twister. Your thank you idea for buyers is nice. Mary
merryyon@blogspot.com

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails