WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Time to Spread Her Wings and SOAR.....

I know it seems like just a few weeks ago that we were celebrating Sydni's graduation....oh, wait.....we were! Now it is time for her to head off to college!
Yes, she only got a two week summer break.
She got her car loaded as much as a tiny itty bitty car could get loaded....

I was almost certain the doors would bust open on the road....


Her new luggage didn't even fit....had to ride in the back of the FARM TRUCK.
Yes, it was like the hillbillies heading to school....
I'm sure we did her proud.
Her bike is making the trip....
She gets to spend her first year at school with her car locked behind a fence Monday through Friday....ah, the joys of Freshman campus life.

She has very very important decisions to make....



.....such as WHICH DESSERT???

She isn't far from the farm life....these are the dairy cows
ON CAMPUS!



Time to check in and see what lovely room she gets....


See, isn't it lovely???
Her new roommate left her a very sweet note welcoming her to the room....

She gets to share a bathroom w/ 3 other girls.
This is the HIGH LIVING dorm....she only gets to enjoy this for the summer.
In the fall, she moves to the FRESHMAN dorm....COMMUNITY BATHROOMS for the entire FLOOR and much smaller rooms....YEEHAW!
Look really close....there she is waving GOODBYE!
Goodbye my sweet girl....spread those wings and soar!
Life as we knew it is now forever changed.....
I am going to go get my box of kleenex and some ice cream....I will be alright.
You? You will be just fine!
I LOVE YOU GIRLIE!!!
Love,
Mom



2 comments:

What's Cookin Stacey?? said...

I am so happy and sad at the same time! Raven is looking at her school too! Love you Traci!

Anonymous said...

Oh Traci- that made me sniffle. How fun for her - but such a big change. I love watching our kids grow up, but how bittersweet it is. She's such a beautiful girl - all three of your girls are. Ya'll done good!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails