WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Life of the Farm Kid....

When farm kids show livestock....often the reality is that they will have to learn to say goodbye. Regan showed "Phantom" at the fair this past weekend and "Phantom" did very well. He was the 3rd best goat in the show of more than 100 goats.
"Phantom" made it into the sale...which meant that "Phantom" would not be
going home with Regan.
"Phantom" was a special goat since he was out of her herd of goats. Often, show animals are bought and brought to the farm.
"Phantom" was sold for over $600.00.
So goes the life of a farm child.
Goodbye Phantom....we love you and will miss you!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww...that's why we couldn't ever show animals. Precious photo.

Carol Murdock said...

Congrats on the showing! Ahwwwww
farm life is sad sometimes! :(

Coloradolady said...

Oh my goodness...I could not do it, I teared just reading this post. I know kids do it all the time, but I know I could not!! Now, I need a tissue.... :(

Chasity said...

That is a really sweet picture. It's hard enough to say goodbye to a good friend as an adult, I can only imagine how much harder it must be for a child. I never had any animals as a child, so that is one experience I never had.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I could not let that baby go! What a precious picture! Last year we went to our fair and checked out the sale.....it was heartbreaking to see the kids crying over there animals.

Farmchick said...

That is the sad part...I'm not good at it. The photo is great.. stop by for a visit....I have not seen you around lately!! :)

SaChay said...

That is so sad.... You should have let her keep him. :(

Laura cantrell said...

Ugh yea it is always hard!! I loved showing my goats so everytime I showed them and then they went to a sale or ..... Gulp..... The butcher it was really hard!! :(

Jenna said...

I show hogs at our fair and after pouring over 4 months of hard work and lots of effort into them, you do get a little attached...

Good job on the boer goat! (we raise Dairy goats, but don't show them as livestock at our fair:)

Have a blessed day,
Jenna (Feminine Farmgirl)

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails