WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Menu Monday on Tuesday (Also a crafty project)



I found a wonderful old frame with a painting on a wood for $2.00. I wasn't that thrilled with the painting, so I made it over.

I turned the gold frame into a pretty blue.

I used BLACK BOARD PAINT from Lowe's and painted

over the painting.

THIS WAS VERY EASY TO DO!!!



It is now our MENU BOARD! It hangs in the dining room.

It just loves hanging out with my $70.00 vintage dining table!
So, each Monday and in this case Tuesday, I can just snap a picture
of our menu and post it!
I am using chalk ink instead of regular chalk because I can't handle anymore
dust in this house than necessary.
Chalk ink doesn't smear either...it is more like a marker that looks like chalk.


10 comments:

That Crazy Ajumma said...

Thats pretty fab! I've been wanting to go to Lowes for some time and pick up some of that chalkboard paint and see how great it is.

Julie said...

Love it!!

The Gaelic Wife said...

Where do you find chalk ink? Is it like a pen?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this and I have a chalkboard I just made and am going to steal this idea!!! Brilliant!

Dana and Daisy said...

you little smarty!

iola said...

I love the blue and black with the colorful chalk ink...Will have to look for that at the craft store.
Very Pretty...Very Cool
you definately earned bragging rights for this one.

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cute! I like the idea of chulk ink... I may have to do this now! THanks for sharing!

Linds said...

LUV your welcoming message! I'm definitely linking up...come see me over here...
http://cuegly.blogspot.com/
LOVE your menu board!

Heidi of Operation Organization said...

i heart chalk ink! I worked at Starbucks for a while and that's what we used to make all the fun artwork to advertise new drinks - love the no mess!

Happy Hectic Homemaker said...

That is pretty cool. I have never used chalk ink before. I have a wall in my kitchen that is done in chalkboard paint, I may have to check out the ink. It would be perfect for when we decorate the chalkboard for special occasions. Thanks for sharing!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails