WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

How to Scare the Bejeebies Out of a Teenager

Ok, try not to scroll down too quickly....I have to set up the crime scene. My middle daughter is the jumpiest child and is sooooooo easy to spook. When I got the sewing dummy to display the oldest daughter's cap and gown at her reception.....I KNEW I had to do something else with it. Now, the two oldest share a bedroom that has a bathroom in it. Their closet is off the bathroom...and they NEVER shut the door.....so, I shut the door to make this more effective because....you see...



When you open the door, their prom dresses are hanging RIGHT THERE with the PLASTIC and all.....sooooo, when the door opens, the plastic gets sucked out....see in the picture? This makes it RATTLE....and by the time she is somewhat startled by the rattling.....she gets THIS.......
BOO!!!!

She screamed so hard, I thought she was joking....til she came RIPPING through the bedroom and stopped dead at the wall and started crying (I didn't know that her eyes could go in two different directions...I guess she had one on the boogie man and one on the wall she was about to hit!).....yes, I felt sort of bad about the crying.....then I felt really bad that I laughed so hard I peed my pants.......ba haaaaaaa....oh, uh, er, evil laugh...bwwhaaaaaaaaa. Ok, I know I won't get a MOM OF THE YEAR award now.....so, guess I'll go do some laundry. She swears she won't do this kind of stuff to her kids and we've all told her it is part of her legacy...my papa used to do that stuff to us.....besides, if she doesn't do it......WE WILL!!!
Don't start commenting me on what an evil mom I am..... I ALREADY KNOW IT!!!



9 comments:

Summer Rains said...

You are sooooooo bad!!! Remind me to watch out for you as my neighbor! HEHE! Poor Sydni!

Saska said...

You're awful!....I LOVE IT! Sounds like somethign I would've done!

Anonymous said...

This is Sydni...and I DON'T think it was funny!!!!

Saska said...

Sydni--I'm sorry, but us Mom's have to get our laughs when we can....even if it's at your expense!

Amanda Jo said...

Ok...now...THAT was funny! I am a very jumpy person and this is something that could very easily happen to me. While I feel bad for your poor daughter...I would have done the same thing!

Just Wedeminute said...

YOU really are very bad! roflo!!!! I love to do things like this too...hate when they are done to me...especially since I'm getting a little older. I might pee on myself! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! You are a hoot!

Caitlin said...

Hahahaha!! Oh man, I laughed SOO hard! You are right- we are kindred spirits!! The question is, do you also laugh when people get hurt? Not my baby, and not seriously hurt, but man, if my husband stubs his toe or hits his funny bone I hit the floor laughing!!
We are sick, sick, sick. By the way this is TOTALLY something that my Mom would have done to me too. I hated it at the time, but now I laugh and laugh and will pass on the legacy!! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
You crack me up!

Caitlin said...

okay, now I just died laughing reading about how you are waving and the flab is rippling! HAHAHA!!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails