WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Menu Monday


One thing I do to try and save money is planning a menu for the week. I shop at Aldi's once a week....usually. If you haven't tried Aldi's, YOU MUST! Make sure you take your own bags and a quarter to "rent" your shopping cart. The quarter will be returned when you return the cart. One of my goals for 2008 is to not use the plastic bags...i.e. Wal-Mart bags....instead I take my own bags to the store. Wal-Mart does sell recycled cloth bags for $1.00 and I do use those. I like how they have the flat bottom on them. I also have 3 insulated bags. Aldi's is about 30 minutes from home and I need to keep the cold stuff cold.


So, here is my weekly menu:


Monday - Pasta Primivera (using chicken I grilled yesterday), hot rolls and salad


Tuesday - Red Beans and Rice w/ Smoked Sausage, tortillas (fresh from the farmer's market)


Wednesday - Baked Ravioli, salad, garlic bread


Thursday - Grilled Hamburgers, baked fries, baked beans


Friday - Going to a party - taking lemon bars, chip dip


Saturday - Family Reunion - taking deviled eggs, lemon bars, chip dip


Sunday - Turkey, dressing, corn, gravy, potatoes

3 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

Your menu sounds delicious especially the baked ravioli.

Summer Rains said...

Can you fit a couple more at your table? Hehehe!

Just Wedeminute said...

I LOVE Aldi and I'm so happy that we now have one in Owasso...I don't have to drive to Tulsa!!!!

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails