WELCOME! Come on and have a seat on my porch swing or would you rather go for a ride on a vintage bike? Feel free to have yourself a look around my blog. You'll find all kinds of goodies, from cookin' to farmin', to craftin', to just plain ole fun. Just look through the archives or click on one of the topics of interest to see posts related to whatever your little heart desires. You can also click on THE BAKERY header on this page to go to the most current post.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

SCREAMING.........

Yes, I'm in mourning(thus, the black font)....my internet is down. We had a very loud thunderstorm yesterday and one BIG BOOM and it was gone. I'm glad to say that my computer survived, it iwas just the internet. Although I'm sure my father-in-law, Charles, might have to take some antacid pills, due to withdrawal....tee hee. I have other alternatives.....THANKS MOM!! So, posts might be few and far between until it gets up and running.
Also, wanted to post that I got a wonderful little package in the mail yesterday....scroll down......remember the apron? Wellllllll, my beautiful mother had one sent to me.... I LOVE YOU MOM........as soon as I can post on MY COMPUTER, I'll post a pic. They are very well made aprons....and it has a pocket for my cell phone....ba haaaaaa....no, I think it might be for something else.....I used it for a cell phone. I put a towel in the pocket....and COOKED DINNER....then did the rustic SHUCKING OF THE CORN.....well, mister wonderful did most of it since there were WORMS in the top......and I had a hard time not FREAKING out when I touched one. This morning, I put them in the dishwasher...yes, the corn, in the DISHWASHER on a quick rinse cycle.....killed any little buggers that wanted to stay on the corn......then I dumped it in ice cold water. I then used my handy dandy vaccuum sealer, Food Saver...no house should be without one of those.....I got 12 packages. The cost was around $1.15 a package....is that a bargain? I don't know, don't care...it is FRESH!!!!

No comments:

Want to Read More???

Related Posts with Thumbnails